DescriptionSEM PROBLEM PLASTIC REPAIR MATERIAL 39767
adheres to substrates other repair materials cannot. Historically, bonding repair materials to polypropylene and other olefin-based plastics, EPDM, TPO and similar substrates has been difficult. This unique formulation takes the “problem” out of problem plastic repair.
SEM Problem Plastic Repair Material. Bonds to polypropylene, EPDM, TPO, and similar substrates. 7 oz. cartridge.
State of the art epoxy technology
Does not shrink or pinhole
Excellent sanding and feather edge
No adhesion promoter necessary
Containers 39767:.....7 oz. DUAL-MIX cartridge
Working time............3-5 minutes @ 70°F (21°C)
Set time...................5-10 minutes @ 70°F (21°C)
Cure time.................15-20 minutes @ 70°F (21°C)
Handling and Application
Suitable substrates- ABS, PP, PPO, EPDM, TPO, TPE and TEO.
1. Clean with 38338 SCUFF & CLEAN and red scuff pad. Rinse with water and dry.
2. Clean with 38353 or 38354 PLASTIC/LEATHER PREP. Apply per directions.
3. Sand with 80 grit paper 2-3 inches around the damaged area.
4. “V” groove damaged area with a 24 grit disc. Grind slowly. Excess heat may seal the pores of the plastic making adhesion difficult.
5. Re-clean with 38353 or 38354.
SEM Problem Plastic Repair Material 39767- Place cartridge into 70029 DUAL-MIX APPLICATOR GUN. Remove cartridge tip. Prior to installing static mixer, equalize cartridge by dispensing product until both parts flow equally. Install static mixer and cut tip to desired bead size. Dispense 2-3 inches of test material to make certain color is uniform prior to applying to job. Avoid marbling.
39768 - Squeeze out equal amounts of A and B. Mix well to obtain a uniform mixture with no streaks.
1. Reinforce large holes and damaged areas from the back side with 70006 PLASTIC REPAIR REINFORCING TAPE. In such cases, clean the back side of the area with 38338 and 38353 or 38354. Grind with a 24 grit disc at low RPM. Place 70006 over the repair. Apply 39767 and spread firmly.
2. Apply 39767 to the repair area. Press firmly to eliminate air pockets. Apply higher than surrounding area to allow for sanding.
3. After 39767 has cured for 15-20 minutes, sand first with 80 grit, then finish with 180 grit paper.
4. For slight imperfections, reapply a skin coat of 39767 or use 39482 FLEXIBLE POLYESTER GLAZE.
5. To fill sand scratches and prepare surface for painting, apply 3913( ) FLEXIBLE PRIMER SURFACER or 39624 WORLD CLASS FLEXIBLE PRIMER SURFACER.
NOTE: For smaller repairs, 68422 BUMPER REPAIR in the 1 oz. MINI-MAX cartridge is also available.
SEM Problem Plastic Repair Material 39767 should be stored in a cool dry place with adequate ventilation away from heat, sparks and flames. The shelf life for 39767 is 2 years when stored under normal conditions.
7 ounce Cartridge
Place cartridge into 70029 Dual Mix applicator Gun. To remove cap, insert flat head
screwdriver into slot and pry upward. Install static mixer. Cut tip to desired application size.
Use Static Mixers:
70011 Static Mixing Tips(6 pack) or
70012 Static Mixing Tips (50 pack)
CT Residents only will be charged tax
Customers Also Purchased
Regular price: $18.93
Levine Price: $12.99
Regular price: $127.49
Levine Price: $72.99
Regular price: $82.99
Levine Price: $56.99
Regular price: $52.99
Levine Price: $33.99
*Free Ground Shipping on all domestic orders over $200
$9.95 Flat Rate ground shipping on all domestic orders under $200
We Are A Top Rated Store